Please find below the CIA exam FAQ (frequently asked questions) I got from my readers. If you cannot find an answer below, feel free to drop me a note here.
CIA Exam Decisions
1. Is the CIA exam worth it?
- An overview of the CIA certification
- Why getting the CIA designation?
- Should I consider the specialty IIA certifications?
2. Can I make it?
CIA Exam Process
1. Registration and requirements
- How to become a Certified Internal Auditor: The Definitive Guide
- Are you qualified?
- How to register for the exam?
2. CIA exam format
- Exam format overview
- Exam curriculum overview
- CIA exam Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- How the exam format has changed since July 2013
3. CIA exam FAQ: how, what, where, when
- How is the exam graded?
- What is the cost when compared to other certifications?
- Where is the nearest CIA exam location?
4. Timing and sequence
- Are you too old (or too young) to take this exam?
- Is there a CIA exam calendar and timeline?
- Which part to take first?
- Is rescheduling allowed? What is the fee?
CIA Exam Preparation
1. Study materials
2. General tips
- General exam preparation tips
- What can I expect on the exam day?
- How one should spend the days leading up to the exam
After the Exam
Comparison to Other Accounting Designations
- CIA vs CPA: Which one should I go for?
- CIA vs CISA: generalist or specialist?
- Choosing your career path: CIA or CISA or CISSP?
- Accounting and finance certification comparison
Internal Auditor Salary and Career Path
General Internal Audit
- My 2016 internal auditor salary guide
- Is internal audit attractive as a profession?
- IA compensation trend and analysis
Can I be More Helpful?
If you find this site helpful, please consider signing up to my mini-course which is completely free. You can learn more about this mini e-course here.
Join us if you want to get tips on how to
Plan, study and pass your CIA exam… on your first attempt!