How to identify the best CIA review courses?
Some based on brand. Others based on price, number of products, apps, freebies, gimmicks…
The fact is, there is no absolute best.
Let Me Find the Best CIA Review Course for You!
I don’t believe in people who say their CIA study materials are the absolute best, because different courses suit candidates with different background and learning style. I am however confident that you will find one that suit you the best here.
|Test Prep Software|
|# Practice Questions||3,060+||n/a||2,919|
|Customer Service||Personal counselor||Tech support||Tech support|
|Access Time-limit||18 months|
or until you pass*
|12 or 24 months||Unlimited|
|Pricing (3-parts)||$759 / $902 (w coupon)||$895||$549|
|Pricing (single-part)||$279 / $339||$325||$299|
* Apply to Gleim Premium only, and conditions apply. The price above reflects that for premium version.
Detailed CIA Review Courses Comparison
Gleim CIA Review
Gleim is among the most established and popular CIA exam review courses.
- Very established; one of the earliest providers of CIA review course (as well as for CPA, CMA and EA).
- The Gleim CIA Review System offers an integrated learning approach with audio-visual presentation, test prep, audio review, text books and an online study tracking system called Gleim online.
- Most comprehensive practice questions that closely simulate the real test experience.
- Free trial with full access to Study Unit One, plus money-back guarantee.
- If you have no accounting or auditing background either from school or work, it may be tough to follow.
- If you need a lot of hand-holding, Gleim does not support one-on-one coaching.
If you have some auditing background and are the type of candidates who learn from practice i.e. doing lots of practice questions, I have no doubt that Gleim is the best for you.
- You can get a more detailed evaluation of Gleim CIA Review here.
CIA Learning System
The CIA Learning System is the official review materials from IIA. It is an integrated review system consisting of textbooks, study planner, analytics and practice questions.
- I feel like the authors really want to teach, versus just want you to pass. This can be kept as a good reference book after the exam.
- The content should match very closely with the syllabus (Please note however that authors do not have any access to the exam questions and therefore there is no advantage of getting these study materials in this regard.)
- There are built-in performance tracking and online study planner
- Most expensive.
- The practice questions in the test bank are not as complex and comprehensive. I personally prefer tougher practice questions to get me fully prepared for the exam.
- Free demo is of little use when compared to the full-access free trial offered by other providers.
It’s a great learning tool for those who want to take the time and learn about the best practices in internal audit. If you are tight in budget or want the title fast… might want to check out the others.
- You can get a more detailed evaluation of CIA Learning System here.
Founded by Brian Hock, this CMA/CIA review course provider is quite popular outside of the US.
- Great notes that explain the concepts well with classroom recordings.
- Practice questions are good but coverage is not as wide as Gleim’s.
If you need more explanations on the concepts behind the topics covered in the CIA exam, but find CIA Learning System too expensive, Hock could be a good alternative. If you need more practice questions, you can get Gleim or Exammatrix as supplement.
- You can get a more detailed evaluation of Hock CIA Review here.
Given that this is a 100% multiple-choice examination, I would pick a set of materials with the most solid practice questions.
I believe most candidates would agree that Gleim CIA has the best practice questions, together with personal counselor support, reasonable pricing, free trial… all with the Gleim Guarantee. What do you think? Drop a comment below and we can discuss.