Annette is our first exam blogger from Namibia. She passed Part 1 and 2, and is working on the last part. She finally passed the exam in February 2017.
I thought I write a quick post about the process I followed after passing my final Part.
Remark: I passed 6th Feb and my program expiry was 12th Feb – not sure if this process has to be finalised before the expiry date – I just did to be safe – therefore the extreme fast timeline below.
1. The day after (7th Feb) I passed I had my boss signed the Character Reference and Experience Verification Form.
2. I was not sure how to get them to the IIA, so I logged an incident. Whilst searching the IIA website I actually found the Document Upload Centre
3. I submitted all documentation that seemed relevant:
4. Since I uploaded the wrong Photo ID I received the next day a new incident asking me to provide the correct version. So I quickly did (Day 3: the 8th of Feb).
5. Two hours later I received an email that informed that I am officially a CIA and I could request my certificate by applying on CCMS.
6. They also informed me of my CPE duties – 40 hours each year. For passing the CIA I already received 80 hours, 40 hrs for the current year and 40 hrs for the following year.
7. The Certificates are either send via normal post (non-trackable and certain countries can take up to 16 weeks) or express shipping for USD100 to Africa!
8. Due to recent scandals in Namibia regarding overseas post been found torn next to the road I was hesitant to go normal route. I decided to pay USD100 – I worked so hard for the CIA no way I want it to end up next to the road. If certificate is lost you have to pay USD 50 for a reprint.
9. I paid on Saturday, 11th Feb and received an email that instructions have been sent to the printing company and certificates will always be send each Friday.
10. Monday I received another email from UPS notifying me parcel is created and on its way.
11. In between I received another email from the IIA that they have issued me with my e-badge which I obtained by signing up to Acclaim.
12. A week later I finally received my certificate with a welcome letter.
Voila – this was a very quick and effortless process. It might have taken “longer” for me due to the 7 hour time difference between Namibia and USA.
It is a great feeling finally holding the certificate in my hands.
Note from Stephanie
A practical, fun-to-read and exciting post. Thank you Annette! The IIA is efficient and I’ve never got SOS emails from readers concerning certificate delivery (I do for other professional certifications).
Are you hanging the certificate up in the office, or at home? 🙂
Hello, I was born, raised and have been working in Namibia as an internal auditor. I finally passed my CIA exam after 7 attempts on Part 3!
Latest CIA Exam Syllabus (plus Great Questions from Readers)18 Apr, 2018
Ultimate CIA Exam Preparation Guide: 38 Tips for Passing Success12 Apr, 2018
CIA Exam Part 3 Overview + Quick Fixes to Your Study Strategy06 Apr, 2018
IIA CIA Exam Changes: Major Syllabus Revision in 2019
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.